About Northern Birch Credit Union:
With close to 6,500 members, $200 million in assets, and strong financial margins -- our credit union is well positioned for the next stage of growth. We are looking for a Commercial Account Manager who is willing to take responsibility and work to build a business that supports its members and the community.
You have a sales-focused mentality; you’re someone who develops and strengthens external and internal relationships. You enjoy owning your own book of business and are an organized person who evaluates and analyzes complex data in a detailed manner. You are a self-starter who gets things done and are ready to roll up your sleeves and jump in to deliver what’s needed. You’re an enthusiastic team player, and want to work in a small cooperative, smart and hardworking team.
Key Work Activities:
Reporting to the Manager, Commercial Lending, you’ll play a critical role in growing Northern Birch Credit Union’s commercial loan portfolio. You will source, underwrite and support the department with a variety of commercial lending products and services. In this role, you will:
- Use NBCU’s existing network and your own new additions to source new commercial lending opportunities.
- Conduct thorough analyses of corporate finances, business plans, and history to gauge credit-worthiness and provide investment recommendation / authorization.
- Personally underwrite new loans while ensuring compliance with Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Monitor the commercial loan portfolio by conducting annual reviews and notify the management team of material credit deterioration.
- Enforce covenants and security for non-compliant borrowers.
- Ensure collection of proper documentation and security for all commercial products.
- Communicate effectively with other team members and business partners including various professionals (lawyers, appraisers, etc.), the retail lending department and brokers.
- Stay informed on the latest industry trends and regulatory changes, and share this knowledge with colleagues.
- Complete job-related training and attend credit union functions as required.
- Demonstrate the credit union’s corporate values in day to day work, external communications, and interpersonal relations. Focus work to deliver the NBCU mission.
- Three to seven (3 – 7) years of experience in commercial lending working with small and medium sized businesses.
- An undergraduate degree/diploma in Business or Economics or other relevant post-secondary training.
- A desire to provide an exceptional experience for members, applicants, and brokers.
- The ability to evaluate and analyze documentation provided to ensure appropriate due diligence and risk assessment are conducted.
- A strong business sense combined with sound technical knowledge of secured lending and factors affecting the commercial mortgage market.
- The ability to stay calm, gracious and firm in difficult conversations.
- Ability to identify requirements and source solutions.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Time management, planning and prioritization abilities.
- Initiative, leadership, and persistence.
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel, and comfort working in banking systems.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Established network in the commercial real estate arena
- Credit union experience
- Experience with construction lending
- Occasional travel may be required for site visits across Southern Ontario
- Community relations and business development activities can occur after hours
This position offers the opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities based on your ability and career goals. Northern Birch Credit Union will be implementing several major change initiatives over the next few years as financial services and our community continue to evolve – this provides excellent opportunities to be involved in exciting projects. We offer competitive compensation and unique benefits, on the job training, and a friendly work environment.
If this sounds like you, please submit your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
The successful candidate must complete a full background check, be bondable and be permitted to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.