We are looking for a full-time Commercial Lending
Administrator who will be responsible for the administration of the commercial
loan portfolio. The Administrator works closely with the credit union’s
commercial lending consultants, syndicate partners, lawyers, borrowers, and the
member service team. The role provides a unique opportunity to learn from
seasoned industry veterans and to make a visible contribution to the success of
You are keen on developing a career in commercial
lending and eager to make a real impact and grow in a more personal,
cooperative financial setting. You’re someone who
develops and strengthens external and internal relationships and are looking to
join a team where you can contribute over the long term. You are organized and thrive in an atmosphere where multi-tasking and
the ability to learn quickly and perform efficiently are necessary assets. You’re
an enthusiastic team player, and want to work in a small cooperative, smart and
Key Work Activities:
Reporting to the Manager, Commercial Lending, you’ll play a critical role in supporting the growth of Northern Birch Credit Union’s commercial loan portfolio. In this role, you will:
- Perform administrative activities related to setting up, advancing, monitoring, reviewing, and discharging commercial loans
- Monitor and ensure that all conditions precedent are received prior to funding credit facilities
- Follow up with solicitors to obtain reporting documents and then review documents to ensure accuracy
- Process and monitor loan payments and handle inquiries made by members
- Manage the annual review process Communicate with various business partners including borrowers, legal representation, brokers, and other financial institutions
- Maintain organized and up-to-date credit union records
- Open and close business member accounts, and complete corresponding paperwork, staying in compliance with credit union and government policies and regulations
- Identify member needs and promote credit union products and services, maintaining up-to-date knowledge of lending and deposit services and products
- Demonstrate the credit union’s corporate values in day to day work, external communications, and interpersonal relations
- An undergraduate degree/diploma in Business or Economics or other relevant post-secondary training
- A desire to provide an exceptional experience for members and external partners
- Strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deal with difficult or non-compliant borrowers courteously but firmly
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work together effectively with others in a team
- The ability to recognize risk and escalate appropriately
- Initiative, leadership, and persistence
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel, and comfort working in banking systems
- Honesty, integrity and sound judgement
- Credit union experience
- Experience in commercial and/or retail loan administration
If this sounds like you, please submit your résumé and cover letter.
This position offers the opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities based on your ability and career goals. Northern Birch Credit Union will be implementing several major change initiatives over the next few years as financial services and our community continue to evolve – this provides excellent opportunities to be involved in exciting projects. We offer competitive compensation and unique benefits, on the job training, and a friendly work environment.
If this sounds like you, please submit your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate must complete a full background check, be bondable and be permitted to work in Canada.
We thank all candidates; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
NBCU is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.