You’re interested in a career in financial services, but want to work in a collaborative, and not a typical competitive, banking environment. You want to contribute your expertise and time in an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives and in the community. You’re an enthusiastic team player, and want to work in a small, smart and hardworking team. You’re comfortable working with numbers and resourceful with computers. You're always looking to improve and grow. You like to go the extra mile to exceed customers' expectations.
Key Work Activities:
You’ll play a critical role in our team of banking professionals as the first point of contact for our members. You’ll provide excellent personalized service to our members and take care of their day-to-day banking needs, which include:
- Promoting credit union services and educating members to enhance their financial wellbeing
- Having up front dialogue with members to identify unrealized needs
- Processing member transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, bill payments, transfers between accounts, money orders, and foreign exchange
- Balancing all transactions and cash daily
- Opening and closing new personal accounts
- Investigating and resolving routine problems with member accounts
- Actively participating in the branch’s sales campaigns and initiatives
- Assisting with general office duties, processing and administration
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to build strong, lasting relationships
- The ability to understand and work with numbers
- Proficiency speaking Estonian or Latvian and English
- A keen attention to detail and complete work accurately
- The ability to stay calm, gracious and firm in difficult conversations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work well with others
- A related degree/diploma or other relevant post-secondary training
- Prior experience as a Customer Service Representative at a financial institution
- Cash handling experience
- Credit union experience
NBCU is implementing several major change initiatives over the next few years as financial services and our communities continue to evolve – this provides excellent opportunities to be involved in exciting projects. This position offers the opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities based on your ability and career goals. We offer competitive compensation and unique benefits, on the job training, and a friendly work environment.
How to Apply?
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
The successful candidate must complete a full background check, be bondable and be permitted to work in Canada.
Northern Birch Credit Union is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
We thank all candidates; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.