When going through the application process, you will need to verify that your business/organization meets the following criteria:
1. I have the ability and authority to bind the Borrower.
2. The Borrower is a Canadian operating business in operation as of March 1, 2020
.3. The Borrower has a federal tax registration.
4. The Borrower's Canada Revenue Agency Business Number (BN) (15 digits), as reported at the top of the Borrower's 2019 T4 Summary of Remuneration Paid (T4SUM), is entered correctly.
5. The Borrower's total employment income paid in the 2019 calendar year was between Cdn.$20,000 and Cdn.$1,500,000.
6. The employment income reported in Box 14 of the Borrower's 2019 T4SUM is entered correctly.
7. The Borrower can demonstrate the above information by presenting its 2019 T4SUM when requested upon audit by the Government of Canada or any of its agents.
8. Per the requirements of the Canada Emergency Business Account Program (the "Program"), as set out by the Government of Canada, the undersigned acknowledges that the funds from this loan shall only be used by the Borrower to pay non-deferrable operating expenses of the Borrower including, without limitation, payroll, rent, utilities, insurance, property tax and regularly scheduled debt service, and may not be used to fund any payments or expenses such as prepayment/refinancing of existing indebtedness, payments of dividends, distributions and increases in management compensation.
9. The Borrower has an active business chequing/operating account with the Lender, which is its primary financial institution. This account was opened on or prior to March 1, 2020 and was not in arrears on existing borrowing facilities, if applicable, with the Lender by 90 days or more as at March 1, 2020.
10. The Borrower has not previously used the Program and will not apply for support under the Program at any other financial institution.
11. The Borrower agrees to participate in post-funding surveys conducted by the Government of Canada or any of its agents.
12. The Borrower understands that applying for support under the Program at more than one financial institution may result in ineligibility under the Program, default under the facility in respect of which this attestation is being provided, prosecution or other enforcement measures available at law or otherwise.
13. The Borrower acknowledges its intention to continue to operate its business or to resume operations.
14. Per the requirements of the Program, as set out by the Government of Canada, the Borrower confirms that:
a. it is not a government organization or body, or an entity owned by a government organization or body;
b. it is not a union, charitable, religious or fraternal organization or entity owned by such an organization or if it is, it is a registered T2 or T3010 corporation that generates a portion of its revenue from the sales of goods or services;
c. it is not an entity owned by individual(s) holding political office; and
d. it does not promote violence, incite hatred or discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, region, education, age or mental or physical disability.
15. The undersigned acknowledges that the Lender will rely upon the accuracy of this attestation in making loans and advances to the Borrower pursuant to the Program and acknowledges and agrees that an audit may be conducted by the Government of Canada or any of its agents to ascertain the veracity of this attestation and the eligibility of the undersigned under the Program.
16. For the purposes of verifying my eligibility for this Program, I hereby authorize Export Development Canada, as my representative with the Canada Revenue Agency, to access any required payroll information.