No matter your age or account balance, we offer no-fee chequing and savings accounts.
Become a member
Discover the credit union difference and become a member today!
Some benefits of being a member:
Each member must purchase membership shares of $20, making them part owners of the credit union. There are many privileges to being a shareholder of the credit union. You may vote on any of our by-law changes which are presented at the Annual General Meeting and vote for who you would like to see on the Board of Directors. Plus, when we have a profitable year, we pay bonus interest on deposits and interest rebates on loans. No banks share profits with their clients, but we do!
Special Shares for New Members Under 21
Financial education is one of our top priorities. To encourage participation and early financial responsibility, the credit union issues $20 shares as a gift to each new member under the age of 21. This includes trust accounts opened for qualifying individuals by parents, grandparents or others. Click here to learn more about trust accounts.
Visit us in-branch to open your account today!
Opening Your Account
Please visit us in branch and bring with you 2 (two) pieces of ID. The following IDs are accepted:
- Canadian driver’s license
- Valid Canadian passport
- Canadian birth certificate
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) card (required by law for any interest earning account)
- Old Age Security card
- Certificate of Canadian Citizenship or Certification of Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada form IMM 1000 or IMM 1442
- Certificate of Aboriginal Status
OR 1 (one) piece of ID from the list above and 1 (one) piece of ID from the list below:
- Debit card or bank card with your name and signature on it
- Canadian credit card with your name and signature on it
- Valid foreign passport
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) client card with photo and signature
Ready to open your account?
Visit us in-branch today!