Loans and Credit Lines
If you need to consolidate debt, pay for school, or pay for home renovations, our flexible financing solutions are available for when you need them most.
What type of loan do you need?
Get the credit you need now, with a repayment schedule that works for you. From consolidation loans to loan specials, we have various options for you.
- Open repayment terms with 1 to 5 year options
- Choose from blended or simple interest payments
- Available for various different purposes
Help pay for anything from tuition to rent.
- Parents incomes are not used to qualify for the loan itself. However, parent or grandparent guarantor is needed.
- Discounted rate
- Maximum of $5,000 per education year
- Interest only payments while in school
- Different from government loan programs
What type of credit line do you need?
Personal Line of Credit
Convenient and flexible option, that gives you access to money when you need it.
- Low interest rates - save money by not paying high credit card rates
- No fee access
- Use this account like you would a regular chequing account - debit card access, write cheques, etc.
- Minimum payment of accrued interest
- Reuse your available credit
- Flexible repayment options
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELC)
Provides ready access to low cost funds to those who have equity in their home. Used for many different reasons like home renovations, to make a down payment for a second property, and more.
- Lower interest rates than Personal Line of Credits
- Accessible for as long as you own your home
- Gives you access to a larger line of credit limit
- Accessible by cheque, branch withdrawal, bill payment and more
HomeFund® Reverse Mortgage
Provides extra income to you when your other savings are depleted and you are not ready to sell your home.
- Restrictions based on income and net worth
- Short-term mortgage, with a maximum of a 5 year amortization
- Cannot own more than one property to qualify for the HomeFund
- The equity is determined by a full appraisal
Earn more rewards and travel benefits with our Northern Birch Credit Union travel Mastercards.